View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 06:18 PM

Since I geek out on this kind of stuff I pretty much knew everything stated in the video about RainSong. i also acquainted myself with Emeralds history and was shocked to hear that they nearly went under at one point. Thank you Aaron for doing this video with Dave- I've spoken with Dave via email a few times, a classy guy for sure.

I knew it wouldn't be long before this thread went into another discussion about the RainSong necks. I've said before that I had a love/hate relationship with that NS neck. Oddly comfortable in the first positions but pretty clubby as you move up- and it's a real PITA to find a good capos for them, especially when you use partial capos like I do. (BTW, I don't even need to buy a Thalia to know I wouldn't like them- way too bulky and look super heavy). i'm a Shubb fan and even the classical Shubb with a flat radius didn't fit the Shorty very good.

I really love their guitars though and my Shorty is the only guitar I ever regret selling. Aaron, you make a great point in the video that there probably isn't a universal neck that most buyers would consider "perfect". I will say that I liked the NS neck slightly better than the neck on the Mcpherson Sable, so there is that. You just have to try them.

That video makes me consider giving RainSong another try