View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
Well......a couple of things here. If you're looking to add an external digital piano then you'd have to consider a way to get that audio "into" the iPad. That would require something other than the Apogee as the Apogee of course "is" the sole interface. But I believe there are some really good grand piano programs that are iOS compatible. Probably sound as good (or better) than some stand alone piano's and much, much less costly. I think CMP has an Auria compatible piano.

As far as storage goes it's a bit of a throw-back to the original days of Non-linear digital DAW's here in that drive space on an iPad is limited. Before I even considered "how much space do I need" I'd pre-plan a way to get existing projects backed-up and stored elsewhere. Audio is certainly not as ridiculously as consumptive as video but it is consumptive. Just letting things pile up isn't a good idea. Like I mentioned I back things up to DropBox and in fact Auria has a built in function to auto back-up in that manner.
Yes the Apogee Mic+ will be used for guitar and voice and I realize I need some other interface for the digital piano (or is it possible to connect directly via USB adapter or bluetooth?). Maybe this works: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/mobile/products/irigpro/
Or am I getting it wrong?

I'm looking at a Roland FP-30 that looks like it could be a good option?