View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 10:48 AM
Humanist

Default The Woodstock Invitational 2018 - TGEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Then we have Joel Michaud. I've constantly been impressed by Joel Michaud's design and sound, both of which are at the top of the game. He brough a J-R Moon Spruce/Bois de Rose for AGF member Vasu, and a OO-R Sitka/EIR for another AGF member. I shall let the member reveal himself to you

As usual, Joel has his signature treated metal work as his inlays. Simply stunning! Be sure to catch it at the show tomorrow

Yeah...this one is mine.

The replacement for the 00-R that was destroyed during shipping almost exactly 2 years ago.

I had intended to pick the guitar up in-person at Woodstock, but fell rather ill on my first flight (EUG-Denver) this past Thursday. Had to spend the night in Denver, and then fly home the next day. Still recovering.

The guitar is indeed a 00-R, East Indian Rosewood, but with Euro/spruce...not Sitka...I let Joel pick this. The black top, well, let's just say we went all "Johnny Cash" on this aspect of the guitar. I guess Joel and I are outlaws at heart.

I hear that the guitar has ended up sounding pretty good (understatement), and I'll probably take delivery on Wednesday of this week.

Sorry I missed meeting you, Marcus, and also missed a whole bunch of friends.

So it goes...
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner

Last edited by Larry Pattis; 10-28-2018 at 10:10 PM.