View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Can anyone out there gigging give me some direction as to a good portable, easily transported PA system for vocals with acoustic guitar and bass?
Been using a Marshall 50. acoustic amp and it's ok but would like to get a dedicated system just for our mics'. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Need for a small/med sized restaurant and outdoor patio settings. Would like to keep the cost within reason...thanks
I'd say get a small mixer and the best 8"-12" powered speaker your budget will allow. Lots of choices in the under $1000 range, if that's what's within reason for you, and you're not likely to need more than one speaker for most of your gigs (fly it high on a speaker stand over your heads behind you or off to the side). Yamaha DBR or DXR, RCF 300a series, QSC K series, all good stuff for your needs. A decent small digital or analog mixer with enough inputs for your mics. A second speaker can be added at some point if necessary, but your amp should work for monitoring, if necessary, I'd think.

Louis