Thread: carbon fiber?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
I wonder when wooden-guitar-only aficionados will ever accept and respect carbon fiber guitars for what they bring to guitar tone and durability.
I didn’t come to the CF forum to bash CF guitars. The tread started elsewhere and was moved here. I have nothing against CF guitars, they have a lot going for them and I’m happy to stand on high and tell you they are the best in the land or what ever. But at this moment with the ones I have listened to (limited) and the Rainsong that I have to MY ear they are not. So are most Gibsons and Taylor’s for that matter. This has nothing to do with the CF vs Wood (us vs. them) argument that seems to be the both bain and obsession of so many on this sub forum. The OP asked and I offered an opinion, I didn’t bash them. When a maker offers me a CF guitar that satisfy what I’m looking for I’m happy to buy one, until then I’m happy with my Rainsong and what it offers me. I never get upset at others people taste in guitars as it’s their ear, not mine. My guitar ego is not that fragile and I have zero interest in getting others to get on my band wagon. What I want in a guitar only needs to satisfy myself and no one else.