View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

I don’t have any experience with your current interface, but it seems to be a design somewhere above entry level performance (it has a class A preamps). For my solo guitar recording setup my goal was for ‘realism’, as in the recording sounds like my guitar. I also tried to make sure my gear was each of similar quality so I didn’t have a weak link that affected the other gear. So, I was wondering if you’re evaluating all of your front end gear to see what, if anything, would benefit from being replaced. What are your goals? How’s your room, your mics? How many mics do you use and how do you set them up? What’s your budget? On the other end, what’s your monitoring gear (headphones, monitors, amp)?

With my needs and goals, I was fine with concentrating on 2 really good channels for mics, preamps, and converters. Over time I ended up with external 2 channel preamp, stereo ADC, stereo DAC, and headphone amp. Limiting the chain to two channels allowed me to focus my funds on what I really used all the time. At this point my interface is used only for digital purposes.

2012 Carruth 12-fret 000 in Pernambuco and Adi
2010 Poling Sierra in Cuban Mahogany and Lutz
2015 Posch 13-fret 00 in Indian Rosewood and Adi

Last edited by ChuckS; 01-29-2022 at 08:42 AM.