View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 01:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
If the goal is to find the multi-switch position which yields the most accurate recording of your guitar, it might be helpful to make dual recordings of the pickup signal on one channel and a well-positioned mic’s signal on a separate channel. You could make such a pair of recordings for every multi-switch position that you think is a possible contender.

To my way of thinking, the main purpose of the Ultra-Tonic is to provide a pleasing AND STABLE amplified tone that will accommodate a variety of live performance situations. For that purpose it makes more sense to use a PA system or amp to determine the optimum multi-switch position. Beyond that point, I’d certainly be open to any EQ adjustments that would make the tone more pleasing to my ears in any particular live setting.
Gary, Thanks! I've made a DIP switch adjustment of one switch up from where my demos were recorded. I'm hearing it as helping a bit but I'll explore the whole DIP-switch array again, which is kind of what I did after installing the Ultra Tonic but it makes sense to redo the process.

I like the mic idea and that'll likely also figure into the process.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20