View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 10:42 PM

The thing is....there are normal people who play guitar and then there's the AGF. We are special.

Seriously, there are a ton of repetitive posts here about impedance matching, UST's vs SBT's vs internal mics vs external mics vs everything. The info is here and free. But a lot of casual players, weekend warriors and open mic'ers are not interested in learning anymore - they know enough to plug in, strum some chords, sing some words and get attention. There's no spotlight or attention here.

There are ~750 people on the AGF right now as I write this (119 members and 623 guests). Most users ever online was 9,571 on 07-01-2021 at 01:57 PM. So maybe we have 10,000 people using this forum from the US, UK, Australia, Canada, other countries in Europe, Asia, central and South America. How's that stack up to the total number of guitar players in each of these regions? Are we 10% of all guitar players? 1%? I'd guess even less than that.

So I don't think the OP is wrong in their observation, I think they're just preaching to the choir.