View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
hey Kev, I don't know how you'd use a stereo bar with the N22s for this, I'll be interested in what you figure out. One nice little accessory that I found for those mics was this coupler:

https://www.aearibbonmics.com/produc...mlein-coupler/

It basically connects the mics and effectively turns them into a long stereo mic. Useful for XY and MS. It fits really tightly, but it makes setup a lot easier. You could probably mount the connected pair on one mic stand, tho I might be worried about one mic falling out if the coupler loosened up over time.
Interesting little gadget might have to try that . I think the xy and ORTIF might be possible because the Rodes comes with plastic movable spacers to give you vertical separation of the mic bodies . I will mess with it later today and post some pictures.

A tid bit of Audio trivia,,,, in researching the concept of "Is the term stereo applicable to human hearing ?" in the other Goodall thread, I discovered (which I did not know) that Alan Blumlein is credited with inventing the "stereo" method

Ok here we go...... so the spaced pair is easy as the supplied AEA shock mounts rotate almost 180 .. My only issue with the Rode is I wish it went a little wider

Now both XY and and ORTIF are doable (because of the spacers ) one above the bar and one below. But because of the side address the angles are not really the same as as with top address as far as the markings on the bar . So I am guessing I will have to play with increasing the 90 degree on the XY and the 110 degree on the ORTIF .

XY starting point

ORTIF

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 01-14-2019 at 11:00 AM. Reason: new photos