View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd View Post
Please don't misunderstand me... I certainly can appreciate the time and effort that goes into developing the arrangements and creating the tabs that go along with them. I certainly bare them no ill will for preferring to see some income for their efforts. (I currently subscribe to totallyguitars.com and jamplay.com, and find that they are well worth the investment.)

My only point was that if there is no way for anyone to get the tabs, it seems silly to even have them listed on the site. If there was a way for people to register and pay for them, then that would make a lot more sense. Right now, it's just a large list of dead end web links.

It's not really a big deal. I've got more than enough to keep me busy right now. It just looked interesting and I thought it might be one more good resource to keep handy. It's definitely great that the advanced stuff is still there, but I think that might be a little beyond me right at this moment.
I would e-mail him and suggest that you'd be interested in possibly being able to pay to have access. He is a good guy, and would probably appreciate constructive feedback (and a big thank you for all the arrangements that are still available).

As for the oddness of having a big page like that where you can't download any of the tablature files: Well, for quite a few years you could download all those files. I suspect the change is recent. I wonder why he changed it this way.