View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themachinist View Post
Hey Zach,

Like people have said already - Closer micing can give you a punchier sound and is a good idea if you're in a bad room. I prefer close micing as A) My room is terrible for recording B) I love the way it makes the bass notes 'thump' and aids in a fat tone. Of course, I get pretty loud squeaks and you can often hear my fingernails accidentally hit the soundboard - But such is the compromise for me!
Have a listen here - http://seansiegfried.bandcamp.com/album/backwoods

Above is a spaced pair.. LD on the body and SD at the neck join: both about 6 inches and pointing very slightly inwards towards the soundhole. Panned hard left and right to represent the ears of someone sitting right in front of the guitar..

Really like your Youtube video, by the way. Nice playing and a v. good singer too.
That is very close to the sound I want! Thank you.

And thanks, I'll pass the compliment on to Joy!

And to Pokiehat:

I do have an anthem system which I'll be able to use with any number of mics when I get my new computer so hopefully that will open up the world of using a bunch of different sources. I've gotten that kinda massive sound once before using the pickup along with two mics but I had them all running through a mixer into a single stereo track instead of being able to manipulate each one.

You've given me a lot to play with, thank you very much!
Seagull Entourage Rustic (I won it!)

PRS CE22
American Standard Stratocaster
Silverface 1978 Fender Champ
Fender Deluxe Reverb

Winner of the Virginia Guitar Festival

Feel free to call me Zach