Thread: The big D
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
My stepson, her first son, no longer talks to her. She ruined that relationship.
Our own son together, who just turned 18, still gets along with his mom, but
also hates it when she drinks. And he has told me he wants to live with me if we split up. Years ago I removed all alcohol from the house. Since then she’s been sneaking it in. We tried an intervention and it failed.
Sorry for the late response. The way I see it, things should turn out fine once she’s gone, the papers are signed and you’re no longer financially responsible for her. From what it sounds like she loves booze and enablers more then you. If she has two adult sons willing to cut ties with her that should speak volumes toward her character in front of the judge.

As for your 18 year old, sorry to make this sound callous but as as I just said he’s an adult now. Is he going to college or embarking on any type of career or do you plan on keeping him on as a boarder/company? Given the pandemic I would assume that work or college are still up in the air until things are under control.