View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRay View Post
To be honest, if the Element installed in this J-35 had even string volume, I would be more inclined to just keep it and go the IR route, particularly with a Tonedexter as I have to say that all I have seen and heard with this device has been outstanding, but it would be a waste of money with uneven string volume and despite everything I have tried, I cannot seem to get that top E string up in volume to match the rest.
Besides feedback resistance, typically active output, and easy perfection with an IR, you've hit on the other advantage of a UST; manipulating string balance is a DIY exercise. I usually give the high E extra volume to make classic rock single note leads easier to play.

The quick and dirty approach is a little strip of masking tape or Post-it tacky paper attached to the saddle bottom under the quieter string(s).

The more effort approach is to paint the underside of the saddle with Cyanoacrylate glue instead of using tape.

Regardless you reassemble, test, and iterate as needed.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields