View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 03:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

18 years ago I had a cardiac event which necessitated the installation of a stent in a coronary artery. I was 53 and a non-smoking athlete with very little body fat and a decent diet, so I was quite surprised. Of course I have mostly stayed in touch with my cardiologist since!

About five years ago I first heard the words "heart murmur" applied to myself, and I have monitored myself since looking for degradation of my quality of life, which slowly but surely has eroded my experience. Last Wednesday I spent in the CathLab while they literally poked around in my heart. The procedure went well and I am feeling fine though I am disallowed for a couple more days to drive or play my instruments. They made some recommendations however, and I have agreed to a course of action.

I plan to enter the hospital on September 18 for a double bypass open heart procedure, and to have my Aortic valve replaced with an organic valve at the same time. They tell me to expect 8 weeks of highly compromised recovery time, with the understanding that that may prove optimistic. If I understood correctly, I am low risk for trouble, and they have a 95.5% expectation of success.

This means I will NOT be at the bench from mid-September to somewhere toward the end of the year no matter how well things go. I have been expecting something in this vein, and do not actually have any committed work until the first of January, so I don't have to be flakey with anyone about scheduling.

I am still able to handle packing and shipping for those who may want grab any of the guitars I have in inventory listed on this page.

Thanks for your support up to this point.