View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 06:23 PM

I think what Jesupe is saying is that we 'monkeys' as he put it meaning us people of course in a humorous way, are just accustomed to doing things a certain way and unfortunately that way the things we are doing sometimes goes unnoticed out of habit, tradition, culture and so on.

As far as using rosewood today, I'm not yet ready to abandon it. Like I said I'm building one right now with EIR and I have to say it's beautiful. But I feel a bit more comfortable knowing that I also own 60 cocobolo trees that once fully matured will replace hundreds of times over what I will ever use.

And I don't mean to suggest, that's why. I never intended to replace my usage, quite honestly it's an investment but one that I take pride in knowing it also is a service. Same reason why I ride my bike to work every day, not so much as to save gas but becasue I like it and hey at the same time it saves gas. I'd use the Amazon, Mad, and EIR rosewood I have in stock anyway. If I 'owned' 60 African elephants I would not use ivory

There are certain levels of acceptance that we are all willing to take. I appreciate those who are on the extreme side of conservation as that is ultimately the direction we are going but there is a reasonable and fair in between at this stage of the game. I'm not an ethicist but I'd guess most would agree.