View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnr103 View Post
Ended up with a Washburn WD11S

I seem to like the sound of the cedar tops and the price was right with a return policy. Owner of the local shop seemed pretty trustworthy and despite being fairly busy he had the patience. He almost talked me into a bouldercreek guitar but I was concerned it was a fad?? He was also playing me an ovation (?) that was his own that he was considering selling and I liked the sound of it but wasn't sure what my husband would think... Plus again, it was used. I'm happy with what I took home and my 2yo son was so thrilled to see it come through the door. Hopefully my husband will be pleasantly surprised but just in case the store had plenty of nice options in our price range to exchange it with. They didn't have a Breedlove to try so I went to a guitar center just to have a chance to listen to one before committing. They had one with a spruce top but I wasn't feeling it quite as much - might of been the player and not the guitar (insert shoulder shrug).

Thank you all again.

Happy Holidays.
Be sure to swing back and tell us how it works out with the gift. Also we'd love to have you stick around and get that new guitar owner on here to share with us too! Make it a family affair of sorts!

Warm Wonderful Christmas and Joy in the year to come!

My site: Personal Blog

Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E.
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard