Thread: F1 - Monza!!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
I think the beef that arose a little while back was related to the declaration of results in the thread title?
The title is obvious to anyone who reads the forum, whereas thread content is apparent only to those who enter it. And frankly, anyone who enters a sports thread not expecting to see the result is perhaps a bit supratentorially challenged?
Accordingly, I don't think there is any need to be coy about the race result etc. within a thread. Otherwise, what's the point?

....snip ....
Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve, I can't remember who asked me NOT to blurb the results of races, and I don't see it as a "beef" but a polite request, which impressed upon me that not everyone in every timezone is going to watch it live as I do.

I regard that request as fair and just and intend to refrain from letting cats out of bags in the future.

As the puss is out of the container now, I'd say that I did think that Max has been unfairly treated in this respect, but life goes on and what doesn't kill you ...etc.

Max will beat Lewis one day, and I'll rejoice, not because I'm against my countryman Lewis, but because it's now someone else's turn.

Delighted for Danny, and Lando and the Mclaren team, and frankly I'd like to see a F1 where no-one can guess who or what team may win.

Anyway, F1 is so much safer now than when I first started watching/attending but Sunday shows that it is still a dangerous sport.

I also agree that they need to review the sausages. (try the veal!)