View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodallboy View Post
But that isn’t quite what I was referencing, I was responding to a post decrying a “lack of common sense and genuine objectivity”. Had the words “negative connotation” been the wording, there would have been no need for a reply.

On a guitar forum there can’t be an honest dialog if “negative connotations” are your baseline for restricting speech or disparaging the party expressing those sentiments. And if “negative connotations” are banned it’s pretty much over.

We need to be a lot less sensitive to merely the words we read. The same things in conversation, with visual cues available, would be perfectly acceptable. That needs to be factored in before assuming the worst, IMO.
Agreed. Could never understand why someone not liking a brand you liked is offensive...even if they used negative connotations. I enjoy hearing why someone doesn't hear what I hear and why they don't care for it. Makes me a little more open-minded and available to others' opinions. Hey, it's just guitars we're talking about here!
I liked the comparison, but preferred the Martin by a large margin! No offense, my Taylor friends.
scott