View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 10:25 PM
Charter Member

Default A Green Michaud OM-R

Hi, this all started back in 2016 when my brother-in-law, Dan, asked if I had heard of Joel Michaud out of Calgary. Dan was staying at a friend’s cabin on Haida Gwaii next to Kevin Henning of Symphontree guitars, when Kevin can over one evening raving about a MichaudMade guitar he had with him.

Nope.

Months later, I was checking out a YouTube video by Michael Chapdelaine playing a new Michaud guitar. Hmmm,...my curiosity was piqued. It just so happened there was a Michaud guitar for sale on AGF, which led me to another Michaud that I ended up buying.

It had a really thick neck that was giving me problems, so I contacted Joel about getting the neck shaved down. He assured me it was a relatively simple procedure. We continued to chat back and forth, I was impressed with both the guitar and the builder and before too long I had reserved a build slot.

We tentatively decided on an OM-R, Sitka spruce/ Panama rosewood, cutaway and Manzer wedge. Over the next 2 years or so, I had many opportunities to rethink these specs and occasionally pester Joel with questions.
I also started visiting the custom guitar forum to learn more about custom guitars and get some ideas for the upcoming build. This forum has been a wealth of information, intro to a whole world of incredibly talented people building guitars that I had no idea existed. I have reached out to some of you with questions and everyone has been so helpful and kind. Consider this a bit of a payback for all that help and kindness. So, with that, stay tuned!

Last edited by virob; 01-01-2021 at 09:01 AM.