View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaillant75 View Post
Hello Dan!

It's great to hear from you, I think it's been over a year that we first connected through your thread. Glad to hear you're quite please with your barritone, and I would love to hear some recordings in due time!

I read somewhere that you are torn between the M and the S. No bad choice really... Wood wise, have you set your mind on a specific tonal direction?

Thanks for tagging along. I am happy to have another Sands alumni joining the party.

Cheers,
Thanks! It's great to connect again - and to see your guitar coming to life! The woods and rosette look fabulous!

Quite pleased with Beverly would definitely be an understatement - it's a delight. Very much still in love! I'm pleased to say they'll be some more recordings coming - I did a few the day after it arrived, just need to find time to finalise them.

Yes, currently torn between an M and an S (well, unless I were to part with my Kostal MD, then an L is back on the table too!). I originally had in mind mahogany and either cedar or redwood, and ended up buying a rather nice set of figured mahogany I came across ...! That said ... I do love the sound of koa... And for an S I might be more inclined for something more vitreous ... even Braz. So all a bit up in the air really! Clearly the right answer is a cedar/hog (or koa) M (with similar specs to Beverly - fan frets, bevels, wedge, monstrous 50/60 neck) AND a Brazillian/spruce (or redwood) S. Pretty sure my bank manager wouldn't be very happy about that though!
Kostal MDC German/claro and OM Euro/Madrose
Larrivee L-05MT
Lowden O35cx cedar/EIR, New Lady, Baritone, O12 and O12-12
McIlroy A25c custom Cedar/Kew black walnut
Montgomery fan fret parlour Euro/ebony
Sands Baritone Swiss/Ovangkol (another due 2022)
Wingert Model E German/Braz
Yairi 1960s Soloists