View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 11:03 AM

Slick, even ad nauseum, marketing is no reason to write anything off, of course. When does marketing ever engage reason, depth, substance? If it seems as though it does, it is only because it is appealing to that part of your emotional makeup that takes comfort in reason, depth, and substance.

What's behind all of this, however, is a very thoughtful and creative builder, with a great set of ears and deep musicianship. I found THIS podcast , put out yesterday, to be an excellent distillation of the deep thought that went into this new design:

https://player.fm/series/taylor-guit...-class-bracing

I admire the way that this is presented, with the exception of the two interviewers who, tho well-intentioned, serve to interrupt an otherwise substantive chain of thought. As a physician, I constantly struggle with how to explain complex biophysical principles behind patient's problems and the solutions that I propose. Andy Powers does an admirable job here of discussing waveforms, harmonics, constructive and destructive interference, and his attempts to solve the inherent contradictions.

As far as the other stuff that's come out -- the soft lighting, the slow mo of chisel on a long finished soundboard...I just turn it off, focus on the steak and not the sizzle, and save my indignance for things that matter