View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 12:57 PM

I'm not quite 50 yet, so I can't really speak with authority, but having had multiple relationships during my adult life, including one that lasted 9 years (not married, which in Germany is a much more common situation than it is in the US), and being married with a child currently, I have a hunch that dating over 50 might be easier than one might think. Most, if not all, the pressures that are more likely to result in unhealthy compromises are no longer a factor. When dating young, I have experienced that it's almost impossible to find a person that ticks all the boxes, e.g. great sense of humor, strong attraction, compatible sex life, wants/doesn't want kids, likes/dislikes to travel, likes/dislikes a partner who spends money on expensive hobbies such as guitar playing, wants/doesn't want to own a house, wants/doesn't want to settle down to start a family etc. Some of those factors are simply not an issue anymore past age 50. Plus, at that age, people have figured out who they really are and whom they're really compatible with in the long run. Any insecurities around those issues should have been sorted out. Combine that with the fact that many (most?) people are divorced around that age, I could imagine that dating at that age might actually be the most fun and easiest time in life to date. So enjoy!

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Recording King Dirty 30s RPS-9 TS
Taylor GS Mini
Baton Rouge 12-string guitar
Martin L1XR Little Martin
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro