Thread: Is it worth it
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
My wife and I have belonged to a community uke group for the last two years, so we're familiar with the genre; quite frankly, the idea of a "travel tenor" (unlike a "travel guitar" where the basic instrument itself is substantially larger) is an answer for which there really is no question - you're losing the fullness and depth of the full-size instrument, there's always the option of moving down to a concert or soprano (each of which has a distinctive tone of its own), and with the surge if interest in ukes in general some makers are producing hybrid "super" instruments that combine elements of other sizes (longer scale or deeper/wider body). I'd sooner go for either a full-size tenor or concert uke - Kala is one of the better-known/regarded brands in this end of the market, and I'm certain that you'll have no problem finding something that'll suit bith your needs and your budget...
So just to clarify in your opinion it's not really worth it for the other options have a better sound and just as easy to travel with?