View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitaurman View Post
I sometimes run my Yamaha MG 10XU into my Fishman SA 330. It's so simple to do. Just make sure that your mixer's pan controls on each channel are straight up. Then run an XLR (mic cable) from either the left or right output of the mixer, into the Monitor In input in back of the unit. It is the only female input in the back, so it's the only place the cable will fit. You control the output of the Fishman with the Monitor in control on the front of the unit. This bypasses the preamps and mixer on the Fishman,, so you treat it like a powered speaker and use your mixer's preamps, EQ, and effects.
OK I think I understand that. But what if I get a simple mixer without any reverb or effects and I want to use the reverb from the Fishman? IN order to use the Fishman's effects, would I need to go out of the mixer and into one of the 2 main channels on the Fishman? Could I put all the mics on the LEFT channel of the mixer and all the guitars on the RIGHT channel and then plug them into channels 1 and 2 of the Fishman? That way I could EQ the vocals and guitars separately on the Fishman.