View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Currie View Post
Dazzo is $225 USD. Schatten is $112 USD. My math says that is double not triple.

I use both, but in my highest quality instruments I specify Dazzo. I can hear the difference AND it is worth it to me for specific cases.

Since I have my pickups professionally (and permanently) installed, epoxy vs. tape vs. putty isn't an issue (for me).

I think for the majority of players, Schatten is an excellent choice for those looking for a more mic-like tone than a K+K. The price is super for what you get.
Petty pretty much answered already but I'll elaborate. The last HFN I bought I paid $100 CAD + free shipping. A Dazzo for me would be $309 CAD with current exchange rates and probably shipping and import charges on top of that. I guess it would be double for some and more than triple for others. The biggest appeal of the HFN to me is no glue or epoxy and it sounds great and is easy to install/remove. I never heard a Dazzo in person but I have to admit the online demos I watched weren't impressive even taking into account YouTube compression. I don't doubt it's a good pickup, people here speak very highly of them. I vowed after my last K&K experience years ago that I would never use a permanent install medium like super glue or epoxy. YMMV.