View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamincolor View Post
I had all Canon gear up until about a year ago when I switched to Nikon. I enjoy both systems—and both certainly have their strengths/weaknesses—but I prefer the sensors (made by Sony) in the Nikon D8XX series DSLR bodies. My current camera is a D810. Some of those bird shots were taken with a 600mm Canon prime with a Canon 5DSr, others with a Tamron 150-600. I do most of my bird shooting now with a Nikkor 300mm f/2.8. I like the latter for the excellent lower light abilities, but of course I miss the reach at times.

I do a lot of large format landscape work (multi-row panoramas), so those big sensor bodies are really nice in that realm.
I know the common wisdom (cliche?) is that the best camera is the one you have with you - or, the oft-cited "it's not the camera, it's the person behind it".

But, I, for one, really appreciate it when folks post some technical detail about the shots they share here. It's always of interest to me to read about the variety of gear that people use in various shooting situations - so, thank you!

And, as a bonus, it's always good to hear more about when and where pictures were taken...
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo