View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 07:25 PM
AGF Sponsor

I have had two interesting Sexauer guitars come home this past week. I have added them to my "Inventory" page.

One is the Pernambuco "Mod-D" I made in 2017 as a salute to Ervin Somogyi. The fellow who bought it could not get over the BRW traditional D I have had hanging around here for a while, and we traded.

The other is a 2004 ES-14-C (Schoenberg) which is one of the sweetest sounding guitars I've ever played. It is trimmed with abalone in the Martin style 40, has a pyramid bridge, and a nicely rendered cutaway. It has a fantastically competent feel to hold and play, but again, it is truly beautiful sounding. Even within my body of work is is exceptional for this. It is a poster-child for why the 00 is thought by many to be the perfect guitar size.

At the same time I have had several depart as well. The Dread already mentioned, of course. Also the Pernambuco L00 is sold. And the recently delivered Pernambuco stained Maple Schoenberg Standard (000) is no longer available.

Finally, today I delivered the "serious" classical guitar to Greg, who was close to literally speechless with joy. Although he has previously owned perhaps 6 of my existent guitars, this is his first commission, and that really can be a transcendent experience. He says it was, and that seems true to me.