View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 08:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Stephen Kinnaird '16 (Sitka/Oregon Myrtle OM)

Well, we're going to join the rest of the cool kids and start a shop thread. We've got a lot on our plates coming up (who doesn't?) and we thought it might be easier to have a consolidated thread for a while.

First off, we would like to thank everyone who has wished us well lately. March has been a particularly hard month for the Kinnaird Guitars family, and the support we've received from our AGF family members has been dear to us. So thanks again.

At the end of 2015, Steve and I had several customers come by the shop looking to potentially purchase instruments that were available right then. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it), we have rarely had any spec guitars on hand. We have decided to rectify that by including in this year's production one guitar of each of our 5 models to have in the shop. These spec guitars may make the trip to Santa Barbara later this year, but the idea is to have something people can play if they make it to the wilds of East Texas! Also, we've been blessed with a fair amount of forthcoming custom builds - plenty from patrons of this here forum. Let me just give a partial list of some the known upcoming projects:

Sitka/Bubinga CS (final pics on page 4 or buy it here)
Redwood/East Indian FS (Final Pics or Buy it here)
Engelmann/English Brown Oak Parlor (TAMCO thread & Final Pics or Buy it here)
Italian/Panamanian Rosewood OM (build pics starts here and Final Pics)
Italian/Black & White Ebony Parlor (build pics start here and soundclips)
Sitka/Oregon Myrtle OM (build pics start here and Final Pics)
Bearclaw Sitka/Quilted Maple OM
Bearclaw Sitka/Amazon Rosewood OM
Lutz/SE Asian OM
Sitka/Spanish Cedar 00
Adirondack/Guatemalan Rosewood SJ
Sitka/Madagascar Rosewood OM
Indonesian Rosewood 00

and a couple more when the wood guys (you know who you are) get their minds made up.

The idea is to chronicle a little the constant work product of our small shop and share it with you. I will try to keep this first post updated as kind of an index for this year's work. I hope you enjoy the process.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas

Last edited by nacluth; 11-10-2016 at 04:52 PM.