View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb View Post
yamahaguy, as I understand, you simply daisy chained your pedals
and plug the 1-spot into the wall....nothing fancy?....seems like all I need.

Thanks to all.
Yes, I daisy chained all mine with the 5-way cable and I use a Snark, which is basically the same as the 1-spot. The big thing for AC issues is to plug your pedal board into the same power outlet as the amp or pa system is plugged into. Whenever I set up all AC powered devices get plugged into the same outlet and I never have a problem. A few times I got noise when I had to plug in my pedal board into a different wall outlet, which was on a different circuit.

I also have a very expensive isolated power brick device for my electric pedal board and I get some "noise" with it if my board is plugged into a different outlet than the pa or amp. So then you have to buy a noise gate pedal -- which I have -- but they clamp down your overall volume when armed to be effective on high noise levels.

Good luck with your build.

One final thought, some pedals require 12v or 18v, or AC power. That is why I got the brick device for my electric board.