View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
The Journey RT660 Carbon RoadTrip model is lightest, it's responsive, extremely ergonomic, with a carbon tone very similar to your Emerald X20 Woody. In fact, although a bit smaller, it has about the same volume. Journey is definitely doing everything right, and this new RT660 might be my favorite offering from them.

Moving to the Blackbird Lucky 13, you'll find the guitar a bit heavier, but still plenty light for travel, and extremely ergonomic. Tonally the L13 has more volume mostly in the form of it's outstanding low end, and mid range growl. The L13 is the least CF sounding CF guitar.
When did you compare the Journey to the X20? I haven't played a Journey, but I have played a Lucky 13 and X20 Opus a lot. I find that the Lucky 13 does have a nice sound. Very similar to something like a CEO-7 but somewhat crisper. However the Lucky 13 gets a bit jangly with moderate to hard strumming, so I use it mainly for finger picking.

What does an amazing job across the board is my 2013 X20 which is why it will be the guitar I grab on the way out the door if the house is on fire. I can live without the Lucky 13, but I would probably get another X20 if I lost this one. So I am wondering when you had a chance to sit with and play with a woody X20 as your experience doesn't square with what I have seen.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?