View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 06:17 AM

Default New Aquila 'Sugar' Granato strings (with comparison videos)

Mimmo from Aquila kindly sent me a new string he has created. The Granato strings.

Before the trebles of the Granato strings were the same as the Rubino strings. These were unique in employing copper dust in a nylgut polymer to increase the density of the strings. I loved them. But...

The Granato strings have copper dust and a new polymer made from sugar.

These strings are the very best I have ever tried on a nylon string guitar. The are bright, powerful, sustain more than anything else, and have great tone.

Mimmo tells me that all the Granato strings with the label 'March 2019' are these strings.

One of the most important points to consider is that these strings have fantastically balanced tension. It is one of the the things I hate about nylon and carbon strings: the disparity in tension between the treble strings. I think these sugar Granato strings provide more sustain and more power for what feels like a more agreeable tension than carbon string tensions.

In terms of tone, I find them to be bright like carbon strings but more focused and less diffuse. These are thin strings and the G string sounds great, less tubby than any other string I have tried.

I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos

Last edited by sirwhale; 03-20-2019 at 12:43 AM.