View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny B View Post
Don't know if this helps but I have a similar guitar for sale now here on AGF.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=645824

Perhaps listening to what it might sound like will help you decide on what to do. The biggest drawback IMO is the narrow nut width, which is still not a deal breaking factor considering many of use play mandolins with narrow nuts... this is not that bad, but not optimal for most.
Thank you for sharing, your guitar looks and sounds fantastic! Really impressive condition for being so old, it looks like it's hardly been played at all.

I'm a little curious about how my example will sound because it's got a spruce top, which are much less common. I also confirmed that the back is definitely laminate (you can see the layers) so it's not quite the same material quality as the earlier versions.

I don't expect to ever be able to sell it for much considering the condition, another 1969 spruce top version went for $790 on eBay somewhat recently in much better condition. That's kinda why I don't feel so bad trying to fix it up myself just to have another neat guitar to play, nobody's ever going to get their money back on this one which might go for $500 *after* all the work it needs.

The nut is another interesting point, this one has a 1-9/16" nut! So I might come to hate it after being used to 1-11/16". We'll see once I get some strings on it.