View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolph View Post
Found an MP3 of dogs barking and ran a speaker out to the yard and cranked it towards her windows. Her dogs are quiet and she apologized to us. Thank goodness for music technology!
LOL. Couple years back neighbours (who were rarely there) found an acoustic guitar and started doodling with it outside, evidently over speakers because that's so much more fun. I gave it some time, then put a speaker against an open window they couldn't see from their garden and played a guitar or lute recording I didn't mind listening to, loudly. I think they got the message - after a while.

When living in Paris I had a 1 bedroom rental (called a "studio" here) in a 1920s building that had very thick walls but sonically almost transparent floors between appartments. One night the guy downstairs (streetlevel) treated the entire street to the celebration of his b'day, windows wide open, music blaring and the fauna present out-yelling it. No apologies beforehand, so cops were called (several times). I still cherish a recording where you can hear us talking quietly, the banging on who-knows-what and scandalous texts being "sung" and then the effect of the cops leaning in through the open windows, sometime after 2.

Talking about cops ... for a while we lived next to a house that had fallen into ruins, along a con****ed little passage. Dangerous structure, so when I saw a group of youngish teenagers go in and not come out I called the gendarmes to let them decide what had to be done. They came right away, plucked the kids out of the ruins, then called their parents to come collect their offspring plus a lecture on education. I was impressed, TBH (and the kids never came back AFAIK).

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)