View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
Thank you both! I actually often use a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic so probably don't need the vocal processing that the FX150 gives you, though it would be nice to have one less thing to bring and set up.

A 2nd hand Fishman mini is just a bit more expensive than a 2nd hand FX150 here. It looks like I could play smaller gigs with just the Fishman, so that is probably a good way for me to go until I can afford the AER.

Thanks again!
It's same thing I did. I used my Fishman Mini for gigs and saved for a Compact 60. If you've never used a Mini you may be pleasantly surprised.

The difference between us is nobody told me so I bought an FX150 first and was disappointed. I'm glad if I saved you from a similar disappointment.

Like you I have a mic mechanic and a powered monitor with vocal processing seemed like a cool idea. My advice is stick with the Mic Mechanic. Better interface.

Unfortunately the FX150 interface is clunky. They came up with an idea for a one knob interface where you select what the knob controls from menus. I just want to be able reach over and turn a knob quickly. Sometimes in between chords. Can't do that when you have to fuss with menus. I like the Mic Mechanic a lot and wanted to love the FX150 but couldn't. Like the Compact 60 the Fishman Mini is deceptively powerful providing better coverage than you'd expect. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Have fun with your music!

Last edited by Al Acuff; 05-24-2018 at 05:27 PM.