View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
Dru, its always such a pleasure to respond to your threads. Great question. I just made a good career move as a result of a decision.. does this count?

I have been in higher education or poverty or a combination thereof most of my life. I play a ton of gigs at farm fairs in the Summers and I love interacting with the kids. So a recent job came up as Director of Lifelong Education for the local church and I took it. I never envisioned a career as a youth educator, especially teaching spiritual subjects like self esteem, faith, philosophy and so forth...but I will grow into this role over time I am sure.

That was a decision to combine my love of building games with playful learning with meaningful work. I now work with seniors and kids, 2 ends of the spectrum.

My next big decision is where to live. Its so $$ here that I am at a loss to find that balance of value and comfort. So wish me luck with finding a new home, this one is about to be demolished for ...sigh...development...and I lose my amazing rent deal!
Hey Davis, sounds like a great opportunity. I take it you're moving out of Toronto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Sort of downsizing...we’re in the process of selling our rural log home of 35 years that I built, to move to a newsd suburban home we’ve already bought. We’re currently splitting our time between the two, just 40 min. apart. Lots of emotions involved.

Dru, perhaps you’ve a life decision of your own to share?
Hi Tom, good luck with the new home! You're still close enough to check out some Redblack games (for those who don't know, it's a Canadian Football League team).

Me? I'm not ready for early retirement for another 5-6 years but I just had my retirement home built on the ocean. Figured now was the best time to make that jump and move.