View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
Its my understanding that if you train/create a WaveMap in any slot from 1 to 21, ToneDexter finds the two lowest resonant frequencies of the guitar being trained and reduces the signal a bit at those frequencies. This will hopefully make the signal less feedback prone in live performance (at higher amplification levels) when the guitar top is interacting with speaker sound.

Training in slot 22 is different because its thought that a signal which doesn't have the resonant frequencies reduced might sound s little better for direct recording from ToneDexter.
My question for James May or anyone in the know is:

If you train the ToneDexter in Slot 22, can that WaveMap be stored in another slot and still retain all the characteristics of its Slot 22 generation?

If so, this would mean that a player could train several guitars using Slot 22 and store these individual WaveMaps in other slots, and thus have WaveMaps ready for recording purposes as opposed to live-performances. I'm wondering, however, if a Slot 22-recorded WaveMap is stored in another slot, does that WaveMap get altered somewhat into a live-performance WaveMap by being stored in a non-Slot 22 slot?
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20