View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsharris View Post
Well, as more candles appear on my birthday cake the unfortunate reality is starting to set in that my hands are failing me. It has recently gotten to the point that I cannot play my steel string guitars for any extended amount of time. I had the opportunity to play my brothers Taylor NS32-ce recently for a few months and it was completely night and day! I loved that guitar! I could play all day and no problems. I mic'd it and it sounded great. That guitar simply inspired me to play more. It responded to both finger picking and using a flat pick. Then he took it back. I offered to buy it. Doesn't want to sell. So now I am on the hunt for a replacement. Not being educated in nylon string guitars, I always went to Taylor or Martin first. I know there is better out there and that is where I could really use the help! I am guessing I am really looking for a crossover. I would like a cutaway, but not a deal breaker. I also prefer lower action. I don't really have a heavy hand or strum so I can usually get away with lower action. I play a cross between pop and jazz with a fairly even distribution of finger picking and using a pick. I would also like for it to have electronics installed although again, not a deal breaker. Would a budget from $2,000-3,000 be enough? Should I look to a manufacturer or are their independent luthiers that would be a better bet? Although maybe not in that price range.

Direction, help, and advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
You say,
I loved that guitar!
I think you should consider getting the same model. I mean what could be better than the relationship you had with the Taylor? I don't ask as a rhetorical question, I wonder what could be better than what you have described?

Last edited by offkey; 12-05-2020 at 02:47 PM.