View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 11:31 PM
Charter Member

Hi Alan,

When I first got my Fishman Aura Spectrum, I plugged the output into my mixing board and ran my guitar into the Aura and then used my best headphones to audition the various programs as I played. I found several that I thought sounded the most natural and one, in particular, that I liked the most. So since then, that one program is the one I use. I just leave the unit set on that program so I don't have to rethink this whenever I used the Aura.

I think your best bet is to experiment and find out what you like. I used headphones so that I could make sure that what I was hearing was really coming from the Fishman Aura rather than off the guitar itself. If your thing is strumming these days, then that's what you should play into the unit when you audition the various programs.

I have never used the Fishman Aura Spectrum for recording. I use microphones. I do, at times, use the Fishman Aura Spectrum for live playing when I am looking for the simplest way to hook up to a PA system and want to minimize how much stuff I have to carry around.

I hope this helps a little.

- Glenn