View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPR View Post
I can't agree or disagree, because I don't know what he meant. Is he just a particular fan of nylon, so believes it should be the way to go? Has he heard something from authoritative sources (who?) who say nylon string is going to become fashionable (so we'd better catch on)?
Or something else made him say that?

The obvious truth is, that for all those styles, steel string is (and has been) preferred by the vast majority of players. (Which is why saying nylon is the "way to go" needs some explanation.)
The posts here got me thinking, i wanted to ask him again why he loves playing those musics on nylon strings.

Just finished taking to the guy, he's mainly an electric guitar player ( which I forgot to say in my initial post ). He says he plays jazz, soul, R&B and funk on electrics all the time. But when he wants to play that kind of stuff acoustically he goes for nylon. He says nylon string guitars give a deep dark seducing sound that sounds amazing in jazz, R&B, soul..
as he finds the sound of a lot of steel sting acoustics too jangly or too bright for those musics!! He thinks steel string acoustic guitars are better for country, bluegrass, folk, pop..

Folks, I trust you on everything acoustic, so what do you think?