View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 07:54 PM

This is a guitar that I wanted to test out a few ideas with. One of them is rather than producing a neck and then attaching an extension under the fretboard to support the fretboard rather than relying on the top. So far so good.

Until the bearing on the router decides to have a bad hair day. I bought it used and cheap, time to grab another router.

Another thing I am trying is to put a small bevel on the edge by bending the wood rather than building up a section to carve away. It will effect how the top will vibrate but reducing the top with a classic bevel will also. I am not too concerned sound wise as comfort is higher on the list of attributes, just want to be able to extend practice times. Even a guitar small as this can cause me pain because of some health issues. Wish I put a little more bevel, we will see how it goes.

The other oddity is the 0.15" thick back. The fence board guitar had too much influence from the back. I want to see what a non-active back sounds like. If lacking I plan to shave off layers until I find a happy medium.