View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 05:31 PM

Default New Fender: Strat vs Tele

I'm really thinking about a new electric, trying to decide between a Strat and a Tele. I have almost zero experience with Fenders. I have one electric and it is a Gibson Blueshawk. (I LOVE that guitar, we have bonded.) I would want a USA made guitar though, I know that for sure. It's not that I haven't researched this. I have been reading all the reviews and watching all the You Tube videos. I have played what they have at my local GC's, which isn't much. I've been cruising Craigslist and FB Marketplace but nothing jumps out at me, or if it does they want more used than a new one. I can't decide and I've been on this fence for many months. I play mostly blues but I want a versatile guitar that can do most anything. I know a lot of that depends on the amp too. In the meantime I am also trying to pair down my guitar collection, I currently have one electric and five acoustics and I want to get down to two acoustics, although I am finding that is very hard. I'm not in a hurry, obviously, because I want to make a good decision. I'm past the buy-sell-trade thing and want to end up with lifetime guitar. I know that Tele players are a very dedicated bunch. They seem to be of the mindset that they went through all of the options but once they found a Tele they kind of found their holy grail. I'm not expecting that I will make a final decision after asking this question here but I am hoping to hear from players who have experience with and opinions of the Strat vs Tele debate. Anything I can learn from you all will be helpful. Thanks in advance.