View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 05:36 AM
Charter Member

I made a comment in another thread about recently installing a K&K Trinity and using it successfully with a Solstice and was directed to this thread.

I guess I just lucked out.

I bought my K&K Trinity Solo from Shoreline back in December and just now got around to installing it. When I got the K&K back in December I opened the box and saw a warning label they had in it cautioning against using it with 15v phantom power systems. Knowing that I was planning to use a Solstice I sent an e-mail off to Shoreline and was told it wasn't an issue (the same as what many, many here of the AGF have reported for years).

So, two weeks ago I got around to installing it. Then had to order a TRS cable that came last week. This past weekend put it all together and it worked great. I guess maybe I got one of the last K&K units that didn't have the power protector. (Date of manufacture on the box is Nov 15, 2016. That aligns well with Dustinfurlow's experience 4 posts up from this one.) I'm kinda bummed about this 'cuz I was about to order another one for my McIlory. It is unfortunate that K&K seems to be playing this game.

Last edited by Raggamuffin; 07-11-2017 at 12:59 PM. Reason: More info