View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Tozier View Post
One of the dangers of leaving a guitar out on a stand all the time in my house is the presence of four children age 8 or under. Yesterday, I was on the phone when I heard my youngest, Ryan--who is 13 moths old--pounding away on the guitar in my office. He's done so repeatedly since then; I think he likes the way it sounds.

This morning, my older son, Owen, was helping me move all of my school stuff from my office to the car os that I can move into the new school today. (I got a job at a brand-new, state-of-the art high school that's closer to home... gotta love that!) Well, he accidentally dropped my CD player (one of the old, heavy ones from a component stereo system) when he was trying to stack too much in his arms.

The CD player fell, and the corner of it naturally found the top of the guitar sitting nearby on a stand. I expected a nasty scratch at best, and wouldn't have been surprised to see a huge gouge or a crack. Probably would have if it was a wood guitar. To my surprise, however, I couldn't find anything. Not the smallest nick or scratch... it didn't leave any mark at all. In fact, I couldn't even tell where the CD player came in contact with it at all. If I hadn't seen it happen, I'd have to believe that it didn't happen.

Haven't checked the CD player yet to see if it was dented.

Oh, and by the way... the Rainsong still sounds great, too. I will have no qualms at all about using it to perform.
thats excellent news about the none damage to your guitar Jim, and even better news about your new job!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats..........