View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancebo View Post
Here is my experience with the ES2. I am intrigued, probably more than most, when a new system gets released. I went out and tried a bunch of the new ES2 equipped guitars I could. At one point in my guitar playing journey, this is what I called fun. I noticed that some of the guitars had a horrible screechy, ice pick sound and accentuated the squeak of the strings. Others did not have that quality. The ones that didn't have that characteristic sounded quite good. Eventually Taylor changed their saddle material. Of the few I played since, I have not heard that that same problem. One of the guitar players at church has one of the original ES2 guitars, an 814. His guitar has that problem. I have to listen to it every time he plays. I wish their was a fix for that.

Otherwise, you have to appreciate what Taylor brings to the table in terms of plug and play systems. I am trading in my GS Mini for a new GT. It doesn't have the ES2. I am going with my Dazzo and Sunnaudio combo as usual.
Taylor changed the preamp of the ES2, to solve the issue. You might want to upgrade the preamp to the new version. I'm glad I did it.