Thread: Phoenix Thingy
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Charter Member

Our thanks to Kramster for hosting this gathering! We had a lot of fun, getting to meet folks and playing a bunch of different carbon fiber guitars.

I have to say: for quite a while, I've seen Kramster write "I think I have one of those around here somewhere..." and thought he was kidding. He wasn't! The man has a LOT of carbon fiber guitars, from most of the manufacturers. Add to that the guitars (and a couple ukuleles) that the rest of us brought, and there was no shortage of fun stuff to play.

Likewise, it was interesting to hear someone else play your guitars. There were 2 X7s there, each strung with different strings. Same with the RainSong Shorty/CH-OM: at least 3, and again all different due to string choices.

A particular treat for me was the opportunity to play the Blackbird Savoy and Lucky 13, the Journey OF660, and Kramster's Emerald X10 woody - a nice size between the X7 and the X20...

Not sure why I wasn't smiling in that photo, because I was sure having fun!

Options...

Some fun playing...

Thanks again to Earl, for suggesting this get-together and staying on it; and to Kramster for making his home and collection available. I can comfortably say, a good time was had by all!

Coming away from all those options, I am happy to say I am delighted with the guitars I have. Sure fun to play all those others, though.