View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDaniel View Post
Hey all.
I'm looking for ideas for how to improve my playing. I've been playing for about ten or 15 years. Started in a church with a little group and since then basically play some cowboy chords to accompany singing since church worship songs. I'm quite adept at the stuff I know and can and quite well, but I'm sort of stuck getting any better than that. I've considered lessons but with 3 little kiddos I find it hard to find time.

So, I bring it before yall. Any ideas how to get better or even what to work on to improve? I know that's a broad and vague question...
"ten or 15 years" I find that curious (not that it matters but usually people pretty much know what year or age they started ?)
So that said :: And (besides the previous suggestions) The biggest single jump in my getting better involve two things.

First and regardless of the other demands on your time, the reality is you have to find a way to make and take the time to practice regularly ...

#1 Practice every day (or at least 5-6 days a week ) for at least an hour preferably 2 hours
# 2 take every song you "think" you know well and play in a dark room

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4