View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Perhaps the best one to offer his opinion is member “Kramster” who is quite familiar with most CA models. Hopefully, he’ll chime in. I’ve owned an ‘08 Cargo since new and love it. Also, I owned an ‘08 GXi tobacco burst and although I quite liked it, I sold it in ‘12 to help fund an Emerald 6/12 doubleneck. The GXi was beautiful to look at and played well. CAs tend to be on the heavy side which may have something to with the deeper tone compared to other CF guitars. I’ve never played or heard an OX, but iirc, Kramster quite likes it. I doubt I’ll buy a CA again, but if I did, I had thought it might be a GX, but as time has gone on, I think I’d opt for a more streamlined and possibly lighter OX.
I agree that Kramster is probably the most qualified to offer an opinion.

What I will say is that, as I recall, the OX was probably second in popularity only to the Cargo on the old MacNichol forum, where CA Guitars were often the hot item of discussion. Think of the OX as a larger Cargo with a full scale neck. Those who couldn't abide by the very short scale of the Cargo, but wanted a smaller instrument, tended to go for the OX.

Tony