View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis View Post
I haven't read all the pages here, but I've gigged regularly with a CA GX with the Fishman system in it for almost ten years now and it's been a dream of a guitar for me in virtually every way. So I was curious when I ran across this thread... CA's site IS still up as you may know, but every single one of the models on their site says it's "discontinued." They may not be "out of business," but when you don't offer any products for sale, you might as well be. I agree that their marketing and branding have been a little suspect, too, over the years. But I've been super happy with my GX, for what it's worth, and I don't plan on parting with it.
I regret selling my GX. While it wasn't my favourite, it had it's place (ended up being a great flatpicker with heavier strings), jammed well and I loved how worry free it was when travelling. Sold it to fund a multifx pedal which I ended up selling anyway - which sent me down a pedal rabbithole for a while (which is another story...) Now I'm in a very humid climate my wood guitars are "adjusting", yet again.
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube