Thread: Cargo revisited
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in TC View Post
I must admit I am a bit envious of those under-$1000 Cargos, since I managed to pay top dollar (just after, I think, a big price increase, not long before a significant sale) at over $1500. Not sure exactly when, but a few years back. But hey, buy high, sell low is my motto.

When I first looked at it, at Elderly Instruments, I almost didn't even try it out...seemed just too small to take seriously. I was almost sold after the first chord, and after a few comparisons (to the GS Mini and a few other small, short scale guitars) it went home with me. I still like it a lot, but more often play the newer X7 - as you can surmise, I was bit by the small-body/carbon fiber bug pretty badly...
To me, it is the small body carbon fiber guitars that really benefit the most from that material due to the small size, big sound factor. So I can certainly understand being bitten by that bug. Heck, I own three Cargos and two Tourings.

Don't feel bad though about missing the price point. I celebrate that because it is one of the few times in my life that I have been fortunate in that regard. When I worked for tech startups back in the 90s and early 2000s, there were some that I missed the stock purchase by even a few days to get the big win.

By the way, I think Kramster is the big guy around here for CA Guitars and all things carbon fiber. He was always getting the latest and greatest carbon fiber offering, even back in the MacNichol days. That guy IS Mr. Music. He played wonderful piano/keyboard AND guitar, and who knows what else. Where is he these days?

Tony