View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 05:50 PM

Default Help with search! Parlor (Breedlove Pursuit Series)

Well I’ve been bitten by the bug of buying a new guitar again; it’s what I get for looking in to learning to play the blues. Something about the style just made me want a Parlor style guitar for the 12 frets and slotted headstock. I have always loved the look of exposed tuners and oldies look to the slotted headstocks.

So here I am looking online, generally guitar center as the financing is awesome and allows me to better justify a higher purchase price, and I stumble across a few names but some have nearly 0 research. Namely the Breedlove Pursuit Parlor. This is where it all started for me. It checked all the boxes in design I was looking for and I own a Breedlove Atlas Solo for a few years I only recently started to play again. Then I found out it doesn’t have a 1 3/4 nut which really bummed me out. My other guitar is a Parkwood series OM style (it was a steal and is my beater). Both it and the Breedlove have 1 11/16 spacing and while I don’t have fat fingers it is definitely mildly difficult and cramped and I feel I would like more space, which throws a massive wrench in my plans as the one draw to the Pursuit series is the USB plug into your computer feature.

The look at the Parlor then led me to find a beautiful Myrtewood pursuit that I am looking to go play but for some reason again it seems Breedlove reserves the 1 3/4 nut for only their expensive guitars. I remember reading a while back Breedloves had great spacing for finger picking but after a new set up it’s the same as my beater and I desire more.